Banks have long since charged customers when they have gone over their authorised overdraft limit or if a direct debit payment has been refused for whatever reason. In general these charges have been around £30 and in many cases adding these penalty charges to an already overdrawn account pushes the customer into even more financial difficulty and the downward spiral begins.
Did you know that last year alone the top 6 High Street banks made over £4bn in penalty charges?
But the law is clear that any charges must be proportionate. Does it really cost £30 for a computer to generate a letter?
We feel that these charges are not proportionate and therefore are not legal and it is on this basis that we contact the bank on your behalf and negotiate to have all of these penalty charges reimbursed.
If you think that you have been the victim of unfair bank penalty charges simply complete the online form, print of the documents, read them carefully, fill in any necessary information and sign in the appropriate place.
If you don’t have a printer don’t worry, simply fill in the form and select the appropriate option and we will print it out and send it back to you for your signature. Easy.
Forward them to us and we can start working on getting your money back. This is at no cost to yourselves
- How do you claim back my penalty charges?
- Once you have completed the online form we will contact your bank and arrange for copies of your statements to be issued which we will check on your behalf for any unfair bank charges.
We will then negotiate with the bank to Claim Back Packaged Bank Account Fees, it couldn’t be simpler.
- How much will it cost me?
- We work on a no win no fee basis with nothing to pay upfront. When we have recovered your bank charges we will invoice you for 25% of the recovered amount including VAT.
- How long will it take?
- On average the entire process should take between 2-3 months.
- How far back will you go?
- We can recover up to 6 years of bank charges plus statutory interest.
- If I have closed my account can I still claim?
- Yes – in most cases we can recover money irrespective of whether the account is open or closed.
- Will I have to go to court?
- No – in the unlikely event that your claim has to go to court we would act as your Representative if the bank defends the action. If we lose, it will be at no cost to yourself. We will pay all upfront court costs (If the claim is successful this fee will be repaid by your bank in addition to the claim and in turn will be payable to ourselves).
- Could the bank close my account following any claim?
- Whilst claiming back bank charges we aim to minimise any disagreement between you and the bank and therefore it is very unlikely that the bank will close your account. The Banking Codes Standards Board advises that banks should not “take a disproportionate response” and should treat customers “sympathetically and positively” when dealing with such claims.
- Will this action affect my credit rating?
- No – reclaiming your bank charges will in no way have a negative affect on your credit rating.
- What is your success rate?
- To date we have had a 100% success rate in recovering unfair bank charges for our customers.